exp: spin -t -p Hyman

#2 2011-03-15 16:18:53

spinroot
forum
Website

Re: ter commands by hand in spin??

you would enter these commands on the command line of your system:
a standard Unix/Linux shell prompt
if you're using a Linux system, you're all set -- just open a terminal window and type the command (assuming you have installed spin correctly, e.g., in /usr/local/bin)
if you're on a Windows system, it's strongly recommended that you install cygwin and get a similar type of environment -- but you can work with spin in this way on virtually any system

#3 2011-03-16 00:03:03

ines.md

Ok thanks i can now enter command manually smile.
In several documents i found that they type the command "a.out" to execute the Analyzer (verify functioning of our system), "a.out -l" to verify non-progress and "a.out -l -c0" to report all errors. but when i type a.out in the command prompt (Windows Vista) the message: "a.out is not known as internal or external command ..."  is posted. i can't found the cause of this error??

#4 2011-03-16 02:59:52

spinroot
forum
Website

on linux systems, if you compile a program without specifying the name of the executable, then the compiler will by default name the executable a.out.
historically this name was for the output phase of the assembler -- the last stage of compilation.
so, if you compile hello.c and execute "cc hello.c" then you execute the program as "./a.out"
if you compile it as "cc -o hello hello.c" then you execute it as "./hello"

Board footer